Each and every pair of socks offered to you by Stellar Socks has been hand-knitted with the tenderest of care and passion by Ella in the heart of the lovely Eden Valley, adjacent to the famous Lake District National Park, in Cumbria.
Most of the socks here at Stellar Socks consist of four ply self-patterning sock yarn that is 75% wool and 25% polyamide. Akin to the collagen in flawless skin, the polyamide provides the socks with strength and longevity, while the wool does what it’s most famous for: functioning as insulation. With these two fibres enfolding your feet, your feet will be kept cosy and warm throughout the whole year.
We also offer 100% pure wool socks and wrist warmers. Alternative yarns, such as yak or alpaca wool blends, or a blend of silk and wool, are available on request.
Why choose Stellar Woollen Socks?
- Wool is a natural product; it is a proteinaceous fibre that grows naturally on sheep.
- Wool is a renewable and sustainable resource; every year a sheep grows a new fleece.
- Wool, being a natural product, is 100% biodegradable.
- Wool is remarkably breathable.
- Wool is resilient and elastic.
- Wool has extraordinary thermoregulatory properties to help keep you warm in the cold, and cool in the heat.
- Wool is odour-resistant.
- Wool is safe; it is hypoallergenic and has a high ignition threshold, meaning it does not require treatment with fire-retardant chemicals.
Or, alternatively, browse our Folksy Shop to see our current collection.